- Two Summer Interns will be selected to work at each of the full-time branches.
- Summer Interns will earn $7.25 per hour and will be scheduled to work 20 hours per week.
- Summer Interns are limited to working up to 200 hours. Summer interns are scheduled to work between the last day of school and beginning of the next school year. For 2013, the dates for the intern to work will be from Friday, May 24, 2013 – Saturday, August 10, 2013.
- Among the duties that the summer interns will perform are:
- Typing, filing, shelving, light cleaning, handling phone calls, assisting with the Summer Reading Program, etc.
- Be at least 16 years old
- Still be enrolled in school
- Have a 2.0 GPA or better
- Not have completed 12th grade by the end of Spring 2013.
*Previous SML Summer Interns are not eligible to apply again.
- Meet the eligibility requirements
- Submit the completed application to the specific branch that you would like to work at by noon, Monday, April 1, 2013 to that specific branch.
- If selected, you must have a social security card and photo identification (State Issued ID/Driver’s License or School ID with Photo).
The supervisor of each branch will examine all of the applications received for that branch. When possible, at least 3 applicants will be interviewed by the branch supervisor, who will then select the interns and set the working schedule. Selected applicants must successfully undergo a substance screening.
Atkins 635-6222 – Broadmoor 869-0120 – Cedar Grove/Line Avenue 868-3890
Hamilton/South Caddo 687-6824 – Hollywood/Union Avenue 636-5520 – Mooretown 636-5524
North Caddo 375-3975 North Shreveport – 674-8172 David Raines 222-0824 – Wallette 425-3630
West Shreveport 635-0883 – Shreve Memorial Library, Headquarters 226-5886