Board of Control
Appointments & Rights
The governing authority is the Shreve Memorial Library Board of Control. The Board, which serves without pay, is composed of five members appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council and three members appointed by the Parish Commission, with the Mayor and Parish Commission President serving as ex-officio members. The Board maintains the right to establish policies governing the Library’s operations. These policies may be changed, supplemented, or superseded at any time provided by the Library Board.
Streaming Video of Board Meetings
- Donald R. Howard, President
- Roy C. Murry, Vice President
- Josephine Babers Wade, Parliamentarian
- John Tuggle, Secretary
- Dottie Howard Bell, Board Member
- Margaret "Maggie" Martin, Board Member
- Brittany Turner, Board Member
- Deborah Yarborough, Board Member
Serving as Ex-Officio members are the Honorable Tom Arceneaux, Mayor of Shreveport, and the Honorable Roy Burrell, President of Caddo Parish Commission.